czwartek, 21 lutego 2013

Lyrci 8.5 and single-instance DCOM

PROBLEM:

I started Lyric on machine A and then I made connection over DCOM from machine B to machine A. All fine. But if I will close client on machine B and try to run it one more time I can't connect to Lyric anymore, all I see on machine A is "Lyric is already running!".

If you working with Lyric over DCOM then you can understand what kind of pain this message is.

  • I checked 5 times all DCOM configurations I compared it with another machine, everything looks fine.
  • I also installed Lyric 8.0 on the same machine in the other folder, and Lyric 8.0 works fin with this scenario, so now I really do not know what is going on.
  • I run the same scenario on other machine with Lyric 8.0 , and it works fine.
  • I just reinstalled Lyrcii 8.5,  didn’t help.
So its almost midnight, 13hrs behind..... hmmmmm what I can do now ? never ever give up, right ? most of the important things have been accomplished by guys who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

So lets call for super hero! And what did he say ?

SOLUTION:
..... To disable this feature, add a key to the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chyron\Lyric\Settings for Multiple Use Server as REG_DWORD set to 1 if you want the old functionality. If the key does not exist, or is set to 1, then multiple clients will get unique instances of Lyric.
 ......


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz