środa, 20 lutego 2013

cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename


I am working on some code in c++ with numerical methods to build 3D visualization. I came across this horrible error today:
cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename 
Frankly, I was used to see such  error at the end of  '90. It doesn't say much, does it ?

One who is not familiar with c++ projects may spend some time trying to resolve it. 

Solution to D8003 error


  • What I have found was double quote into the preprocessor definitions so it would pay to check your project files carefully. 


  • Single backslash was in configuration file vcxproj:
$(SolutionDir)\ 
which was transformed by VS to wrong compile call , and as you may guess it wasn't call with two backslashes. To fix this I added one backslash and left like that:
$(SolutionDir)\\


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz